Wednesday 19 October 2022

CPH, I'm back!

It only took me 9 years to return and this time I came on business. Being back was thrilling and I immediately felt the heavenly-essence of the city I remembered so fondly. October 10-15, Monday to Saturday, was the length of my stay and I filled every minute of it. 

The work purpose of the trip was an offsite with my Northern Europe Channel team. I now work as a Partner Manager at Atlassian and my role is to develop our solution partners in the UK and Nordics. My team of six is primarily based in the Netherlands but we also have a colleague based in the UK, hence the reason to meet up somewhere outside of Amsterdam for our quarterly offsites. 

Hotel Kong Arthur
Colleagues in the lounge 



 I planned the 2.5 day offsite with the help of my colleague, Gen. Gen lived in Malmö, across from Copenhagen, for 5 years and knows the city well so she provided many recommendations. We stayed at Hotel Kong Arthur, Nørre Søgade 11, nearby the scenic lakes and close to Torvehallerne, the fine foods market (previously mentioned in "Tidbits from the past few days" and "Last Day of ISUP" ;)) To my delight, the duck confit sandwich at Ma Poule was still available! I'm glad they've stayed in business and stood the test of time in this popular market. After checking into our hotel on the first day, we made our way to Torvehallerne for lunch. My newest discovery was Glean veganske flødeboller, delicious chocolate dipped confections. Glean has a variety of flavors and over the course of the week, I tried black currant, passion fruit, raspberry, and mocha. They are so delicious and I am dreaming of when I can have another one. 


Ma Poule duck confit sandwich
flødebeller

Our offsite took place at Nomad Workspace, Blegdamsvej 6, a former court house 13 min walk from the hotel. Team Manager, Anna, sweetly continued our offsite tradition by getting us Hygge mugs from Design Letters. We started with a Love Bomb icebreaker where we drew self-interpretations and then wrote down what we appreciated about our colleagues. This was a fun way for us to feel connected and hear more specifically what we value about each other. Our other topics were a leadership update, priority matrix, and cloud acceleration plans. We ended the day around 15.00 so we could head out for the 100 Point Challenge, a fresh fun way to discover Copenhagen. We split into two groups and head out to complete our activities— photo challenge with a Polaroid camera, quiz and location questions. My team, Gen, Kirsten, and I won by correctly answering the most questions!





No comments:

Post a Comment