Wednesday 28 August 2013

Sidste Dag i København

Saturday morning was a bit hectic. The farewell party was a lot of fun and I was still feeling the effects of the party in the morning.. However, I had to move out of my apartment by 12pm and make it to Line's apartment in Amager (otherside of town) to drop off my bags and then meet a Danish girl for lunch. I was without a place to stay in between moving out of my dorm and catching my flight to Vienna the next day. Luckily, Line was kind enough to let me spend the night at her and her boyfriend's place.

First, I had to say goodbye to my roommate Lucila. It was great having her as my roommate for the past six weeks because I always had someone I could count on. After packing my things, cleaning my area, and making one last sweep of the apartment, I headed to Amager on the metro and made it there by 1:30pm. Line and Jonas' apartment is very cute-- they had Spotify playing through the speakers (I learned some good Danish artists) and the decorations were tasteful.


After dropping my luggage off in Amager and chatting, I took the metro to meet Cille by the Round Tower. On my connecting flight from Newark to Copenhagen, I sat next to a woman named Annemette. I told her about myself and that I was studying at CBS for the summer. Later at the Copenhagen Airport, she offered me her daughter's number and said to call her if I wanted to be shown around. It took us six weeks to finally arrange a date to meet, but better late than never!

Cille and I met for lunch at Døp Pølsevogn - a popular organic hotdog stand. She is studying international business at CBS and works in Carlsberg Breweries marketing department. Following our delicious lunch, we walked to Mikkeller microbrewery in Vesterbro. We tasted three beers-- although we didn't know any technical terms to explain why, we agreed that the lightest beer tasted the best. After our visit to Mikkeller, we were ambushed by a flash of rain. Cille told me that flash showers are common of Danish summers. She, along with Line told me that this summer has been the best summer in Copenhagen that they've ever seen. Clear skies and mid 70's weather compared to a usual daily shower.

Mashed roots and a roasted hot dog

Cool underground cellar

The next morning, Line took the metro with me to the Copenhagen Airport and saw me off. The weekend was a very Danish ending to my time in Copenhagen-- exploring the city with a Dane, staying with a Dane-- love this country!

I am glad I spent my summer in Copenhagen. It was an experience that can only be described as incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment